Monday, November 9, 2020

wedding ring blocks

It was a difficult week last week, and, I escaped as often as possible to the sewing machine. I worked on piecing  the 16 hsts that are in these blocks. I would sew during the day and then, trim and iron in the evening watching tv. My hubby bought the " leave me alone I am watching hallmark Christmas movies" socks for me last year for Christmas. I am practically living in them. haha.

These are part of a scrap bag I had last year about this time. looking back at the blog post, I see why I am having a problem with some of the sets I cut. I was aiming for 12 hsts when I need 16. These are called wedding ring blocks or cross and crown. 


I have a new Grandson, but he was born prematurely ( due in January) and was 3 1/2 pounds and can't breath on his own... yet. They are doing wonderful things with preemies and we are very hopeful. 

4 comments:

  1. Your blocks look wonderful. But, boy those are labor intensive. Hopefully they can take you out of your worries for a bit. It is amazing how much science can and does do for premies. Holding you and yours in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new boy to love. I will be praying for him. I want to see your socks. Missed you MUCH last Tuesday. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blocks. Inspires me to make my own wedding ring quilt. Almost 47 years ago, my daughter was born 3 months premature and weighed 2 lbs. She is a miracle baby. My 2 boys were also preemies and all 3 are doing well. I know how difficult this is but, yes, they are doing wonderful things these days. All with good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blocks - I just started making wedding ring blocks with a friend, and didn't know they are also called cross and crown. Praying for your preemie. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete