Monday, November 16, 2020

quilt retreat

One of our guild members is a site manager for Indiana Wesleyan University at Kokomo. She hosts a "stay in your own bed" retreat a couple times a year to benefit IWU scholarship fund. We have a  huge room, our own table, a huge cutting table, ironing boards, snacks, and fun companionship. We can even leave our machines overnight. We couldn't have more than 25 in our retreat due to covid, but, with the uptick in cases, we only had 14.

Shelley made a memorial tie quilt for a relative

many quilts were basted with the large tables available

lots of chain piecing and beautiful fabrics

Wanda was making a scrappy string quilt

just four patches

Something new for the retreat, was embroidery machines making fancy things. Two of the ladies actually hauled their huge and heavy machines into the workroom. It was amazing to see what they were making. But, I didn't like the constant noise. Santa has 12 little panels that are sewn together. Each panel takes 2 hours. My goodness.



And, it was funny that while she was making Santa, she was hand embroidering a little piece. 


I put borders on this top at the retreat. I made the blocks and the center at our retreat in January.

my traffic jam quilt is a top



2 comments:

  1. I talked about bringing embroidery unit to a retreat once but decided against it because of the noise. Looks like a lot of progress was made. Unfortunately either I canceled or the retreat canceled this year. I usually go to two with different groups. Sigh. Maybe post vaccine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A retreat sounds wonderful! The 2 retreats I attend every year were both cancelled this year. I am so hoping the vaccine is available soon enough the April 2021 retreat can be held. Looks like you all had plenty of room to spread out. That is so nice at a retreat. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete