Saturday, November 7, 2020

guild workshop

 Last Saturday, I taught a workshop for my guild, making the shine block and quilt. I am inspired by other's choices.

all pink jelly roll

really pretty Christmas jelly roll

fun Christmas jelly roll







I did get one row put together while the other's were sewing. But, I didn't get enough pictures of the other choices.


my costume - I was the only one

I made the orange cross blocks that I was missing for the row x row quilt and the rainbow scrap challenge. I am also missing a second turquoise row.



And, it is now, part of a section of the quilt.


what does everyone have planned for next year? I want to finish a few longtime ufos.

My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:

 Irish chain
Shine
row by row
scraptastic star
country road
and now
postage stamp psp20

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday
oh scrap
UFO busting

I'm linking to:

TGIFF







11 comments:

  1. Love how this one is coming along! So bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shine blocks look like they make all kinds of neat designs, especially depending on what you do with those corner pieces. The row by row quilt is looking great! I haven't quite nailed down what I want to work on for 2021, but I definitely have some finishes to concentrate on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always so much fun to see the finished quilts start to come together. What a fun collection of blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE those Rainbow Rows, Maggie!! I was surprised to see that no one seemed to be masked at your indoor workshop. Congrats on getting one of the rows together for your Shine quilt. It's going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Shine blocks are great! I’m loving your row by row RSC blocks - it’s already a stunning project. I have selected my RSC projects for next year. This time I determined most of them by scrap size (strips, bits, 2.5” squares, etc) and one by desired finish project. And as usual, there will be carryovers and mid-course corrections!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love that Row X Row quilt, might have to put it on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful Row x Row quilt you're making. I too have been catching up some of this year's RSC projects. I was surprised how behind I had gotten with Heartfire. As for next year? I saved patterns from earlier in the year. "Bounce" was a free Timeless Treasure pattern. "Postage Stamp Star" was free from Fat Quarter Shop. Lastly, "Criss Cross" freebie from Laundry Basket Quilts. Will I do all or any of them? Time will tell. I also really liked "Magic Stars" & "Mini Magic Stars" which you can find on Joyful Quilter's blog. So many choices!! We'll need to narrow things down by 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your guild workshop, looks like some wonderful quilts were started. Love your purple hair/witchy hat! Your gorgeous row by row quilt is making me think about doing something similar for the RSC next year. Such great colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet that was a fun class - and to see all the variations of color!! nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your costume AND your RSC projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a fun day making all those lovely blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete