Wednesday, November 11, 2020

country roads blocks

With the end of the colors for the rainbow scrap challenge for the year, I am catching up "other" colors for my country road blocks. I have really enjoyed making these this year. Pleasure versus difficulty is the perfect ratio. I have the cutting measurements memorized, so, anytime I have a scrap pass through the cutting mat, I can just cut a few.

 
With a little more research, I discovered other blocks in the sampler quilt, and, will probably make one of those blocks next year for the challenge. country roads is a free pattern. I have 110 so far, and, I just found a little batch that I missed. They finish at 5 inches so 10 x 12 would measure 50 x 60. That isn't a bad size, but, maybe, I would want it bigger. 12 x 14 would be 60 x 70 which is better. Or, maybe, 2 baby size donations - all kinds of possibilities. I am still sewing these, so, it isn't time to decide just yet.



7 comments:

  1. What would we do without quilting to keep us sane during these covid days? Very nice blocks, I agree the larger size would be more practical but the 2 baby quilts would be great too. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How smart to cut your scraps as you go. These are great blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Country Crossroads blocks look lovely! The green one in the last photo has me pondering: "What are FAKE SCISSORS?!" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do really like these Country Roads blocks! Snappy looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the backgrounds you used to make your blocks. It will be interesting to see what you end up doing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are going to make a wonderful quilt! Thanks for linking up with me.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete