Saturday, November 28, 2020

scrap star

One of my quilts for the rainbow scrap challenge was the scraptastic star. I started it in march of 2019

It seems like I have been waiting for most of the year for the color yellow to finish the last block for scraptastic star. I had all the other colors done for awhile. that makes 12 blocks



I am still catching up with the country roads blocks, using colors that are interesting that I haven't used in past months.


 I did a little black Friday shopping at Joann fabrics. I bought a few flannel pieces big enough to use as backings. The doorbuster price was 70% off.  That made it 2.39 a yard. I remember buying flannel at Joann for black Friday at 1.24 per yard. That has to have been almost  15 -20 years ago. If you think about it, the price has only gone  up a dollar a yard  in 20 years.  Not so with quilting cotton. This time, I ordered some on line, and picked it up at curbside. I also went early to see what was available.

My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:

 Irish chain
Shine
row by row
scraptastic star
country road
and now
postage stamp psp20

ice cream

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday
oh scrap
UFO busting

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on making progress toward finishing some RSC quilts, Maggie! Sounds like you got a good deal in yesterday's sales. I did a little online shopping, but didn't end up buying anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you are getting stocked up while things are on sale. You should have plenty to keep you quilting for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those lower-priced flannel days at JoAnn Fabrics as well. Hope your curbside wait wasn't long. Glad to see the last yellow block is complete. On to putting them on together and quilting. Happy adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those Scraptastic Stars! Yours is pretty in yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to remember those Scraptastic Stars for when I'm wondering what to do with some squares. Well, now I really don't have to remember because I just wrote it in the notebook I keep near computer.

    I have not bought fabric in quite some time. I was thinking I'll take an assessment of what I really need at the beginning of the year and then splurge a bit on those necessities. I'm not even looking at sales flyers or emails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your stars, they're a great RSC project. Have you made all of the stars this year or did you start several years ago? I did some black Friday shopping too but I actually did mine online Thursday evening. I've been wanting a bolt of white Bella solid and Green Fairy has Bella solids on sale! My LQS doesn't carry Bella solids so I don't even feel guilty for buying it. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just reread your post and see where you started the blocks in March of 2019. I followed the links and downloaded the pattern. I think this design is going to be another RSC project for me in 2021. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Scraptastic Star is very bright and fun. Looking forward to seeing that project come together. I missed playing along with RSC this year, but if I want to finish some quilts, I have to start saying no somewhere.

    ReplyDelete