Saturday, April 18, 2020

tiny blocks

I found several blue scrap pieces small enough for the houses and the wonky stars. Note to self, If I start with houses, I will automatically have little triangles for the stars. Rumor has it that Kathy from Sane, crazy, crumby quilts is working on her top of tiny houses. She was the inspiration for these cute blocks. I can't wait to see it.


I don't really like making the stars - it takes longer than it looks, but, they are so cute, and I feel so virtuous using such little bits. Blue is the color for April for the rainbow scrap challenge.


Boy, is there ever true in these days of pandemic.


My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:
 Irish chain
Shine
row by row
scraptastic star
country road

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday

oh scrap

12 comments:

  1. I totally agree that the little stars take longer than one would think. I'll be working on neutral stars today. Hopefully they multiply. I have all the sub assemblies done. Happy, happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your houses with the light backgrounds! And I definitely agree with Grace Coolidge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little houses and stars are darling! And I love the quote from Grace Coolidge. Needlework is helping us get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had some BIG fun with those LITTLE bits of Light/Bright BLUE this week, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rumor is true. I'm a third of the way there!

    I know what you mean about those Little Stars. I've been making some too using waste triangles for the star points. They are definitely fiddly but I like to use every little bit.

    Grace Coolidge was a wise woman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little house blocks are addictive, ask me how I know

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both sets of scrappy blocks are looking good. It does help to have the ability to stitch when things are wonky like they are now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like when one project has pieces I can use in another project! I love your little neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun use of those little triangles! The quote really struck me, as I had just recommended to my dad the other day that he take up knitting to fill his now-quiet days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your RSC blocks look fantastic and I love the final quote. Very appropriate for ANY time. Thank goodness the accomplishment can be just a block or two or knitting a row or two and doesn't have to be a finish .... otherwise I wouldn't be able to relate. So many UFOs! Lol!

    ReplyDelete