Thursday, April 23, 2020

baskets are finished

Lucy's basket is a finished quilt. It has been a long time coming. The basket's themselves were a pattern by Bonnie Hunter at quiltville.blogspot.com in her book more adventures with leader and enders.  My daughter and a scrappy quilter friend, Lucy, swapped the baskets in 2014. We each made 230 baskets. I moved it from ufo status to assemble in October 2019. I put it on my top 10 quilts I want to finish in 2020. I didn't finish it like Bonnie did. I wanted something smaller.


There are about 2,000 pieces in the quilt and 13 1/2 yards of fabric. It is 68 x 75 inches.


It is not put together all that well, but I am in love with it. It has my daughter's blocks in it, and one of my favorite scrappy quilter friend's blocks in it. And some of my favorite scraps as well. It is a treasure trove of quilty memories. We also swapped little houses that is on my list for this year as well.



More about this quilt here and here and here

I'm linking to:

18 comments:

  1. This quilt is beautiful, such a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A WIP from 2014 is a WIP no more -- congratulations! And you homed in on my favorite part of scrappy quilts: looking at all the fabrics and remembering the projects they were originally a part of. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what a great memory quilt. those baskets are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness!! So many little baskets! That is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a glorious quilt! I'm in love with it too! Congrats on moving forward an old UFO. That's some lovely quilting too. Did you applique all those handles?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lot of pretty little baskets, and it's great that you swapped some with your daughter and friend. This is a real treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's done?!?! It's outstanding!! One of these days, I'm going to have to make a basket quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of happy memories in that pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your little basket quilt! Baskets have always been one of my favorite quilt designs and minis are even better. It's wonderful that you were able to swap some blocks for even greater variety. Are all of the baskets in different fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! that is an amazing accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lot of tiny pieces! Beautiful quilt, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love basket quilts. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you made this quilt as Bonnie intended as a swap quilt with your daughter and friend. It is gorgeous. I totally understand the treasure trove of fabric scraps! Congrats on your April finish! This quilt is on my bucket list. I need to finish several others first. I also have a ton of little 2.5" houses that need to go into a table topper or SOMETHING. Happy sewing. Woohoo for April!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such cute baskets! And a lot of patience must have gone into the making of this. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW oh WOW oh WOW!!!!
    That is a beautiful quilt and you've done a fantastic job!!!
    Congratulations on finishing this UFO!!!
    Thank you for linking to PHD in 2020!

    ReplyDelete