Monday, April 27, 2020

unity mystery start

I'm not so sure why it took me so long to start unity mystery quilt. I knew I would have everything I needed, and I liked what I was seeing online.
I have a box of 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch scrap rectangles and a box of the smaller size - 2 x 3 1/2.



I was able to pull all I need in the right colors from those boxes. I have a drawer of 2 inch squares and 2 1/2 inch squares. I did need to cut the aqua, because, I just don't have a lot of that color in scraps. I was very careful and trimmed and checked through each step, but I was not real happy with the way pieces fit together. But, thankfully, it looks better in person than it did under the needle. So, clue 1 is finished and at the right size.


Unity mystery quilt is a quiltville mystery / quilt along by Bonnie Hunter.

I am linking:

3 comments:

  1. I will be farther behind that you. I might start Unity this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scraps worked out really well, very pretty. I'm not much ahead of you. Step 2 is typical Bonnie, lots of piecing. I decided to just enjoy the process and not stress where I'm at compared to all the other speed demons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and scrappy, the way Bonnie likes it! I have round 1 done, also. I might stop and quilt where I'm at.

    ReplyDelete