Saturday, April 11, 2020

cute block

I think it is Saturday again and time for the rainbow scrap challenge. The color for April is light / bright blue. I started with 1 1/2 inch scraps and made a few country roads blocks. I like to make these blocks. The cutting is super easy, and the sewing is quick. I might like to try these in a different size. I have 2 inch and 2 1/2 inch strips in the scrap pile. hmm



We have had interesting weather this Spring - Some days in the 70s and yesterday, frost that looked more like snow. We have had thunderstorms and blue skies.  My hubby is recovering nicely from back surgery, but, we hadn't figured the plan for mowing. I think if I go slow I can do it. but, getting him to behave about it will be the challenge.


We were out, and I was picking up sticks, and I looked over and saw him with sticks in his hand. soooo how did He get them in his hand? He can't bend over or squat, did they jump in his hands? Big trouble.



My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:
 Irish chain
Shine
row by row
scraptastic star
country road

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday

oh scrap

14 comments:

  1. Just how DID Turtle Man get those sticks in his hot little hands?!?! Surprised you managed so many BLUE blocks while having to supervise that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those dreaded jumping sticks. We have those kind of sticks here too. Yesterday there was a fresh blanket of snow on the ground. Today it should be in the mid 50's and sunny.

    I LOVE your blocks using the 1.5" strips. Such cute blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you started your post with "I think" it is Saturday! T think we're all feeling that way... Your country roads blocks are definitely cute! They'll make a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Great looking blocks...love blue, one of my favorite colors. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how those blocks can look so different, depending on which fabrics you use! As for your husband... It is hard for men especially when they are under doctor's orders not to do anything, and they are supposed to just stand there while their wives are doing the work. But if he wants his back to heal so that he can return to doing the things he loves, you might have to give him a good whack with a stick when you see him sneaking a bend or a squat behind your back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think he caught the sticks as they fell from the trees. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty blocks. Glad you were able to get outside and get some fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes you will have trouble keeping that man in line if he isn't supposed to be bending and squatting - did he explain to you how those sticks jumped up into his arms?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad Your Guy is doing well after surgery. I know after My Guy had surgery it was hard to keep him from over doing once he was about 3 weeks out from surgery. Very fun RSC blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at all those blue Country Road blocks!!! Great job! I hope you put your DH in time out. He is not following dr's orders AT ALL! Lol! Have a good week and good luck at keeping that guy in line!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job with the blue blocks,!
    Good luck keeping your DH on the mend. They think they are 10 feet tall and bulletproof!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You like making the blocks and I love looking at them.

    Hubby was in a mood for a game of Pick Up Sticks? Oh my. That doesn't sound like a good way to recover from back surgery.

    ReplyDelete