Wednesday, January 22, 2020

windmill top

Three or four years ago, we went to Florida for Christmas. I took my featherweight and a project. In the evening, when we were tired, we watched tv, and I sewed. I finished the project I brought about half way through our vacation. I knew I would want something to do in the evenings. We found a Joann fabric store, and, I bought a jelly roll. and some background fabric. This was the pattern, I worked on making.


I had all the blocks done before heading home. This is the second project I took with me to retreat. All I needed to do was lay it out, and sew rows together.... almost. I was missing 2 blocks for a nice layout. Luckily, I had back up fat quarters and made 2 more blocks.


I was able to have a finished top by the end of day 1. I don't think I am going to bother with borders.


One of the other retreat ladies also finished quilting this quilt which is lovely. For her label she hand sewed an elongated hexagon flower - what a cute idea.



I am linking:

7 comments:

  1. wow that wildflower panel came to life - I don't usually care for panels. Looks like you all had a variety of projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, the benefit of traveling with a sewing machine! Love that label idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have machine, will travel! What a great way to spend a vacation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty greens in your windmill top! Looks like that jelly roll worked nicely for both vacation and retreat sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing these projects from your retreat. Both are SEW lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job getting those windmill blocks sewn into a fun quilt top. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The windmill top is very nice. What is the size of the quilt ?

    Antoinette (NL)

    ReplyDelete