Friday, January 3, 2020

woven

I'm pretty excited to have woven checkerboards as a top. Now that I see the picture, I think I will add at least a black border. hmmm...


I really like seeing all the different scraps in this quilt that I used as part of the rainbow scrap challenge, and, it seems, I rarely use black, because, I had lots of options in the black scrap basket.


In our Friday group, Sue made Editya Sitar's Christmas tree


And Maris made a patriotic soul searching, with plans to donate it to the vet's home in town.


I am linking to:


11 comments:

  1. I really like your woven quilt - it looks like a great way to use up some smaller pieces too! I too like the idea of a black border - sorta finishes it up! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fabulous! I love a good, scrappy quilt :) Thanks for linking to TGIFF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a really fun and colourful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that design....I made one a couple of years ago and it is a favourite. Well done - it is a great scrap buster also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maggie! I just LOVE this quilt top. All the different black fabrics are cool and connected yet different, and I adore how black really focuses on the pretty different colors. Perfect name for this quilt top! I don't know if this was on your list for the week but if it is it deserves a big checkmark. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Woven! I may steal/ borrow your idea for RSC20. I haven’t settled on a block yet! Maybe I’ll have to do more than one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woven Checkerborads turned out beautfully, black really makes those scrappy colors pop. That tree is really cute. You've got some very talented sewing buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're all pretty. I especially like woven - I haven't seen that style done with lots of little squares.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your woven checkerboard is just great! I like the black sashing around the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your woven quilt looks fantastic. A great idea for scraps. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete