Tuesday, January 28, 2020

frolic 7

Where do I even start? yikes, I am not a fan of this year's quiltville mystery. I think instructions are confusing, and I am not in love with the colors, yet.
Cutting pieces in matched pairs slows the process considerably. And I have spent a lot of money on an accuquilt that is meant to speed the cutting up a notch, but, it couldn't help the matchy matchy  thing. Hopefully, I have clue 7 all cut in sets.



and sewed in sets. but, Why did I have all this mismatched stuff left. It will be interesting.


I sewed the pinwheels together, some more than once. And, then, when I thought I was done, I rechecked the directions, and I didn't realize I could sew them in the wrong direction. Luckily, there were only 6 that I had to unsew, and redo. I hope I still have all the right sets together.


Last week's list:
1. sew row by row in green - done
2. binding on my quilt - done
3. make 2 shine blocks for rainbow - done and crazy directions
4. cut basket quilt - flower box - nope again

New list for next week:
1. finish binding for sister's nine patch
2. frolic #8
3. cut basket quilt - flower box
4. start orange scrap rainbow projects

I am linking to:
to do tuesday

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie! Ooh, a new orange scrappy project. I love orange! I think you had a great week - that darn basket is still causing you pause. I look forward to seeing the next step in the mystery QAL. Your fabrics sure are pretty. Thanks for linking up this week! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have saved the instructions but I have not been feeling the love on this one - I have heard a lot of complaints about it I have so many other quilts to make I doubt I will get around to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having to unsew and resew several blocks definitely slows you down! Hope you like Frolic more when you get to see the blocks come together!

    ReplyDelete