Wednesday, January 29, 2020

One monthly goal finish

January is almost over and time to take stock of my goals for one monthly goal at elm street quilts.

 So my first goal for January is to really open, and read, and plan on making this quilt.( editya Sitar flower boxes). I may have to learn a new technique and organize a little differently.
I did open and read the instructions and I took all the fabric and ironed it. I didn't go any further with it.

 I have ordered the backing, and as soon as I can, I want to finish Bonnie Hunter's sister's nine patch from one of her earlier books.
I finished this huge quilt, and even, showed it at guild last night. It is 94 x 94 and has 1740 pieces and used 20 3/4 yards of fabric and scraps. I made all the 9 patches in 2013. I free motioned baptist fans, and, put the binding on by machine. It has a red on red print on the back.




It can be found in Bonnie Hunter's book  adventures with leaders and enders.
There are 12 quilts in that book, and I have finished 2, and have 2 in ufo.

I hope to have all the blocks sewn for Bonnie Hunter's sand castle quilt, and keep current with the clues for frolic mystery.
I have all the blocks done for sand castles, and have started webbing the top. I have all the clues done for frolic except the reveal clue, despite the confusing instructions.

Time to think about a new month and see what I can get done.

I am linking:

One monthly goal

phd from quilting gail


10 comments:

  1. I like the quilt - the colors and the style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I just love this quilt!! I love 9 Patch, and with the cheddar and red, it's divine! I thought Frolic was VERY confusing!! Not a fan of the instruction methods, but I do like the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't seem to get sewing the binding on by machine to work for me. I always have to hand sew it down on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful finish, even if it wasn't your OMG for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love this! I am working on a BH leader/ender...cheddar bowties. You inspire me to work more on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recognized the quilt from Bonnie's pattern! It's so simple and so very effective. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful. Congratulations. I really like those fabrics and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! This is gorgeous! I have that same yellow fabric in my stash. What a great use for it!

    ReplyDelete