Monday, January 27, 2020

sister's top

I just have this off of the quilting frame. It was huge, and I have miles of binding to attach. It is a longtime ufo, and I wanted to get it done. It was easy to start the quilt by making red and white nine patches as I sewed other projects, but the rest has taken a few years.


It's time to put green away for the rainbow scrap challenge and start working with my orange scraps.
I did sort and fold this bucket of green scraps. I cut some of them into 3 1/2 in, and 2 1/2 in, and 2 in, and 1 1/2 in strips. Anything bigger than a quarter yard, I left until another day.


I am linking:

4 comments:

  1. that is the thing about the large quilts is all the binding we need to stitch on them - usually I will work on and off it for a week and get it done - your quilt looks really nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one. Is the alternate block gold? Sometimes it is hard to tell in photos. Anyway, it’s lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say that quilt is an heirloom -- just perfect, and well worth your efforts and time.

    ReplyDelete