Sunday, February 26, 2017

stash report Feb 26, 2017

These fabric finds were kits i found at Goodwill. I'm not interested in the patterns, but there was 5.5 yards of lovely fabric for 5 dollars.




Stash report

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 133 1/2 yards
Fabric Added this Week: 5.5 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 37 yards

Net Fabric for 2017: 97 1/4 yards more used than added

I finished this block for last year's guild president for her president's quilt. She requested this block in reproduction fabrics. It's called "Milton's musket ball". it uses 2 inch squares and finishes at 7 1/2 x 7 1/2. odd size?

after our success at canning baked beans last week, I decided I wanted to can some more in quart jars. The tattler lids ( reuseable) worked a second time around. I am so excited to add this to my 'fix in a hurry' list, when I don't want to cook. The recipe is yummy and tastes like Bush's baked beans. I doubled it and only got 6 quarts from it. Then I did 3 pounds of beans, and it was just a bit short.


I am linking to:
Slow Sunday Stitching
Sunday Stash

4 comments:

  1. You've used a lot of fabric! Strangely, I've been working with 7.5" blocks lately. I've never canned baked beans, but yours look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed your hand stitching this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great stash additions last week. You've done an amazing job on stash management this year.

    ReplyDelete