Saturday, February 4, 2017

rainbow maple leaves

This has been one of those weeks

Our Rainbow scrap challenge color for February is sea green. I kept a look out for this color while I was shopping. One minute I see it as green and the next blue. Remember these wreaths from the 80s?

I had plenty of 2 1/2 inch squares but I needed strips to cut 1/2 square triangles.


I webbed them together first. And then the rows


I just love them and they look so great with the other blocks I have done in pastels.
I am hoping to can vegetable soup this weekend. I found top round BOGOF. Seems an odd sale for meat, but it was affordable.


 SewCan She
rsc17 super saturday

18 comments:

  1. RSC is such a great way to clean up some of our scraps isn't it. Such pretty leaves you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blocks. They turned out beautifully. Enjoy your soup. Sounds like a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does seem like an odd sale for meat, but sounds like a winning sale too. Cute leaves! Enjoy your vegetable soup--I think I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your maple leaves are so pretty in the scrappy turquoises! I'm making maple leaves, too, but didn't get to them this week. Seeing yours has inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who said Maple leaves have to be red? They are so pretty in aqua.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your maple leaf blocks are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty little blocks, they will look good with other pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely leaf blocks. It will be a sweet quilt. So cold here that soup would hit the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm, homemade vegetable soup! YUM!!!

    I love your little blocks. I have such a small amount of the color of the month. I have literally gone through my entire stash and came up with a few (maybe) eight inch squares of teal and aqua! (I'm headed for the thrift store to see if there is some other pieces I can pick up. Is that cheating?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice selection of SEA GREEN Maple Leaf blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the scrappy leaves! I see an old wooden cheese box...I have several of those old things! And a BOGOF on meat??? Never heard of such a thing but I'd be there for that sale too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the leaves - the colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have got some really nice blocks there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have got some really nice blocks there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty teals in your maple leaf blocks.

    ReplyDelete