Wednesday, February 8, 2017

baby gift finish



I have a finish for a baby gift. I am going to count it even if it is a raggy fleece blanket and not a quilt. It is cute and very boy, just what was needed.


I had 2 cozies orders this week for rug hooking frames.

I moved ahead on my Ufo for February, preparing some swags for American Beauty Rose.

I own a set of fast turn but have not had much luck with them. Luckily, I also have this set of turn it all that did the trick. I have hemostats for the little pieces. So far the hardest part is not being able to iron everything to make it look all nice and crisp. The interfacing has adhesive for sticking it all together in the end. If I press it now, I will have a lovely ironing board, but not a quilt LOL. It is such a habitual thing to iron after sewing, I miss it.

I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

9 comments:

  1. cute quilt!

    thanks for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try one of those raggy quilts. I have the pattern from the Missouri Quilt Company's Block magazine and I have been setting aside flannels for it. I just have no idea when I will actually get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fleece blanket is adorable, and I'm sure will be much loved! Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, it is cute and fuzzy and exactly what a baby needs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A finish is a finish. Way to go, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy. The baby boy quilt turned out beautifully. Very bright and very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After you turn your pieces, iron them by putting an applique pressing sheet (if you have one or parchment paper if you don't) on your ironing board first and then the pieces on top of that. This way you can get your sharp edges but not have the pieces stick to the board. This also works for fusible applique pieces that have to be layered together or overlapped.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, thank you for posting about the cozies. I ordered some one time, then when I found them a while back ... I had no clue what they were! LOL I must have bought them for my lap quilt frame.

    ReplyDelete