Monday, February 6, 2017

Moving ahead

I had a successful canning batch of vegetable soup. The house smelled soooo good. And there was some leftover enough to eat.

As punishment for buying fabric last week, I was forced to sew some more hourglass blocks.



I have managed to cut all the big pieces of fabric for my one monthly goal American Beauty Rose, in to the strips sizes needed for sewing. When I was done, I was a little disturbed by how much fabric was left over, surely a more efficient way to use the fabric could have been used. Then I realized, the center blocks of background are 17 inches square, and that would have been the best size to use in the 20s when fabric was 36 in wide. So Marie Webster was a quilt genius of her time. LOL
I have done something each day so far, to move this quilt along. Some days I do more than other days, but I haven't missed a day yet in February.

I am linking to:
Making Monday
Moving it Forward Monday 
Main Crush Monday

6 comments:

  1. Excellent progress! And I love canning. Everything smells heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! Looks like you got a lot done. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to can soup--usually chicken or turkey. Even more, I enjoy opening it when I get home in the evening for a delicious, easy dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That seems like such harsh punishment just for buying fabric, don't you think? ;-) Good progress for you, though. Your hourglass blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those hourglass blocks. You've done well on keeping up with your OMG. It's hard to find time every day to work on one thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are funny, but both soup and hour glass stitching looks great!

    ReplyDelete