Friday, February 17, 2017

A Rose

I have all the pieces hand stitched for my first complete American Beauty Rose block. I enjoyed the process. I think I need to cut away some of the backs on the rose applique. I learned I need to iron the piece from the back to actually get them to stick to the front. Some of the pieces tried to jump ship during the stitching process. It took less than week to attach and sew. I think I can handle that. So far it is a go for a tabletopper. If all goes well then, we will consider a wall hanging, then a lap quilt, then a bed quilt, etc.

I finished the first set of hourglass blocks for my civil war version of En Provence.
I have been ironing all 576 bonus 2 inch triangles from Midnight flight to use in scrap crystals. That is alot of ironing .
I have been making more of the pieces for the Rose quilt and I am ready to prepare another block for hand stitching.
I am so close on this sock, that I have been more obsessed with working on it in the evenings.
I am linking to:
TGIFF
FInished or Not Friday
WHoop Whoop
Crazy Mom Finish Fridays
Fort Worth Fabric Studio
Patchwork Times
needle and thread thursdays

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you have lots of pots on the stove, don't you? Your sock is way too pretty to walk on, and I love your applique block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sock yarn and the stitch pattern what is it?
    so many quilt projects going you inspire me to get back to my sewing room
    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have some beautiful things being made at your house. I love your applique block and the En Provence units. Your sock yarn is so happy! What pattern are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure are busy! I think I work a lot like you - lots of irons in the fire and select the one for the current mood. That keeps me satisfied most of the time. Of course, when I have one project that just demands to be finished, then I focus. Loved seeing all your cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects! That American Beauty block is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The American Beauty Block is lovely. You've made good progress on your other projects. Hope this week is as productive for you.

    ReplyDelete