Saturday, February 11, 2017

Quiltathon day 3

Quiltathon day 3 Judys at Patchwork times.

I sewed with some of my quilting friends.
I have all the February RSC 17 blocks finished for the pineapple blossom quilt. (  free Bonnie Hunter pattern) I have a start on the 1/2 square triangles for the border.
I made another garden leaf

I am laying out American Beauty rose. I just have to be brave and iron them down. sigh....

We sew at the library, and we discovered this new display made by school children. It's a real light fixture made from 1275 recycled water bottles. They were hand painted and cut in a spiral. They were trying to imitate Chihuly. It was quite spectacular. And ... I want one.



 SewCan She
rsc17 super saturday
patchwork times

12 comments:

  1. I love your pineapple blocks, and that flower block is gorgeous!!! The art display made by school kids is amazing! Wow! They did an incredible job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really like that pineapple blossom in those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those pineapple blossom blocks! They make neat pattern when you put them together like you did in you photo. What a cool art project those kids did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that is some light fixture. How neat you can work at your library. Do you work in their community room? Never thought of it as a place to meet. Like your pineapple blocks. Look forward to your last day's progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your American Beauty Rose is gorgeous, and I love the recycled bottle light, I want one too! It does look like Chihuly's art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my Quilt Bees meet at our local library. I wish it had such a beautiful light fixture!! Don't blame you for wanting one of your own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool library project! Have fun stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a very nice set of Pineapple Blossom Blocks. Cool Water bottle design. Do you use a Clear Presser sheet when you Iron the applique?? Good to have the final day on a Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great project at your library. I recently saw a Chihuly show and I'd say they did a pretty good job. Your pineapple blossom looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the pineapple blossom blocks, your American Beauty rose is awesome! I don't know that I would have the patience for that!
    I love that light fixture, I want one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pineapple blocks! Beautiful fabrics. That light fixture is incredible! They did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pineapple blocks look yummy!

    ReplyDelete