Thursday, September 29, 2016

Therapy for Overactive Thoughts

Our Guild had Mary Huey from Quilting through rose colored trifocals as a speaker. She was a great teacher and resource. I attended her kaleidoscope workshop which I thoroughly enjoyed. But my brain was a little fried, and I had to talk myself into just doing something in my "studio". So I found solace in the mundane.
I sewed a few corner pieces for my dotty bow ties....
chain piecing starts to mend the brain. I ironed and took pictures of my Thistles for forest friends quilt.....




I cut 300 pairs of black and neutral 1/2 square triangles for  Bonnie Hunter midnight Flight....
I used up 4 scrap size pieces of black and 6 scrap size pieces of neutrals until this was all that was left.......
Calm was again restored, and I could go to sleep without visions of kaleidoscope pieces dancing around in my head.

I am linking to:
Fabric, thread, and yarn
and
Needle and thread thursday
and
oh scrap



3 comments:

  1. Looking great, Maggie! Lots of goodies in the making!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have a lot of fun projects on your plate! I know what you mean-seeing what you have worked on in your sleep. Not as fun as the first time around, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewing is indeed a good therapy. And you sew for some time. Definitely good. :-)
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete