Friday, September 2, 2016

Not finished - just started

 Even though I have not finished some of my UFOs, I have indeed started cutting for a quilt that I have in the back of storage.
It is so much more interesting than anything I need to finish.
I seem to have fall colors in my mind.

 I even tried the 9 patch and I like the neutral with the fabrics. This is the pattern I am planning to make. I like it because the instructions include the plan but not the exact fabric choices.



 I really like the look of most of the aardvark quilts patterns.


 


 I have started working on my mitered sock scarf. Originally it was to be a blanket, but the plan has shrunk to a scarf, and who knows may be in a few months time a mug rug. My daughter wanted to make this blanket and asked for any leftover sock yarn I might have. SO I have divided a few bits - one for her and one for me. I started it years ago and she has just discovered the pattern which is free on the internet.  I bet she will finish before I do. since this is all I have accomplished in years. I get it out, work a few squares, put it away. repeat.  Perhaps, my daughter will keep me motivated.




Linking up with Sarah Craig at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?

Linking up with Myra at Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or Not Friday.


Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts


and

France Nadeau








4 comments:

  1. This kind of knitting wip is great to have on hand when you don't know what to do but are itching to knit something. ;-)
    Your choice of fabric for your quilt is stunning. I love your 9 patch, paired with the diamonds!
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I like to have a knitting project in the waiting

      Delete
  2. I may be a bit like you! My favorite part about quilting is picking out the pattern and fabrics, cutting them, starting to sew, and then moving on to something else!! Love your knitted blanket - that was once on my to-do list but it is a lot of work. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete