Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Garden and strings



We felt that we needed to move our strawberries before frost. We had them in a tier that had finally broken down. The strawberries were not happy there anyway. I built the boxes earlier this year. Jeff had read about filling in the space of the box with limbs and sticks before adding the soil. That way the box needs less soil and the tree composts itself and the soil is richer. It sounds reasonable.

While we were working, we heard something in the tree nearby. It looks like a downy woodpecker is making a nest. That will be a fun adventure to watch.



I've made some string blocks on my treadle. I will be throwing a few strings outside for our new bird family.




I'm linking to Fabric Tuesday
and
sew cute Tuesday
and
Fiber Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment