Friday, September 9, 2016

Final Fabric - Marie Webster

I have been so anxious to start my Marie Webster quilt, since purchasing the quiltsmart kit at a shop hop. I have been waiting for a fabric piece that I had to order online. I couldn't find a big enough piece in my local stores.
But it has arrived and I am excited to try this. It means something to my Hoosier heritage, and I have never tried quiltsmart before to know if I can even understand the instructions, I will persevere.






Marie Webster's quilts have been favorites of quiltmakers ever since they were published over 80 years ago, and all quiltmakers owe her a debt. Her designs... sparked a revolution in quilt design on the heels of the arts and crafts movement and the colonial revival, which emphasized the return to simpler traditions and handmade objects. Webster's quilts, the first to be published in color in Ladies Home Journal, were based on floral patterns which 'revitalized the art of applique with fresh new forms and a palette of pastel colors that would become the hallmark of American quilts in the 1920s and '30s.'

I'm linking to:
Whoop whoop  party
and
Finished or Not Friday party
and even though it just started

3 comments:

  1. I love this! Where did you find the kit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kit. I've done a quiltsmart kit a long time ago, it was really easy. This looks a little more complicated, but it will be so beautiful!
    Cheers,
    Sylvia at Treadlestitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is WOW. Your quilt will be beautiful! Thanks for linking to Finished or Not Friday.

    ReplyDelete