Saturday, September 3, 2016

Happy birds different approach

I needed to be more accurate in my piecing of the center medallion of Happy Birds. I traced the seam allowance onto freezer paper, cut it out, and traced it onto the wrong side of each piece.






 I had much better luck manipulating the tiny pieces when I had a line to follow.

Our small group were in a hexie mood - lots of hexies were glue basted.





 And I finally, finished the last five rows of my tumbler quilt. Now, I just have to put them together.


This was interesting. I enjoyed her post on using up rather than disposing and it's problems.
The details can be found at http://daintytime.net/
I have a few cut up shirts .....






and link to - and she is celebrating her anniversary with a giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you've been productive. The extra step you took to trace the pieces for your medallion will pay off. Love the hexies and congrats on getting the last tumbler strips done. Thanks for linking up. 😊

    ReplyDelete