Monday, September 19, 2016

I won


This quilt has been my away from home project for awhile. The pieces were cut and then it was a simple chain piecing project. The best kind of project for small groups. But it has reached the stage where decisions will have to made. So it gets a turn on the design wall. I  have an ornery design wall. When my back is turned it will drop the blocks to the floor. But, sometimes, there are happy accidents when I put them back up. We will see....






My Missouri Star quilt prize arrived this weekend! I Won! a layer cake. My first impression was that it was ugly :( and not what I would use. But, It is growing on me. Individual prints are pretty. Truthfully, I have never used a layer cake. I have several, I just don't have a wishlist that includes quilts made from them. I will have to start looking.







I'm linking to Main Crush
and
 moving it forward
and
 making monday
and
 design wall monday at Patchwork times

10 comments:

  1. That arrow quilt is a reflection of how my life is going right now - every which way! Thanks for the comment about my flannel quilt. It was surprising how just slapping the block up on the design wall without any thought and it works. This is my second top like this and I like how they come together. As far as getting rid of stuff, I think moving out the items with bad memories is a positive and the stuff that I don't use or need can turn into a tax credit and someone else might get some use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is looking good. Thanks for the comment on my WIP too (did you realise you are a no-reply blogger?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite "layer cake" quilt is a lap robe made with Marti Michell's Tesselating Windmill tool -- easy and no leftovers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to how you put the arrows together. I really like the fabrics you used to create them.

    ReplyDelete