Wednesday, September 21, 2016

A little bit hexie


I have let my big hexie quilt take a time out, as I try to figure out what I want to do next. I still am not sure, but I picked up a hexie, picked a place for it on the mother ship, and chose a color from my civil war fabrics, and basted, and sewed.
There is always something soothing and inspiring about hand piecing and English Paper piecing.
I am reminded that not everything is hurry hurry. That somethings percolate for awhile. That I can get too uptight, and worried that I will not possibly live long enough to finish all I want to do. Last night hexies helped me to relax and enjoy the process. I am so blessed and grateful..... and my hexie is really cool, too.  This center hexie came from Geraldine as part of the inchy hexagon swap.





I have been working on preparing my pink hourglass blocks for the Bonnie Hunter leader/ender challenge for a swap.  Anything pink is being cut.-and neutrals



And, as I was browsing through my books

I realized, I can't find this quilt. Where is it? I know I cut it and had it partially pieced awhile ago, but it is not in my project area. What did I do this time? If you find it send it home:)







I am linking to Jo's Country Junction
a complete rundown on her progress on her challenge
WOW
You have to check out Esther's wedding dress - it's incredible and it was finished on time.
Let's Bee social


1 comment:

  1. I so want to get back to my hexagons, but I am putting them together as I go, in no order or pattern. I was given the fabric already cut with lots of scraps. It will be my scrappy hexie.

    ReplyDelete