Tuesday, September 6, 2016

clean up

We were so blessed to have over 120 people from all over Indiana join us for a day of service to clean up some of the tornado damage. Our church donated chainsaws and wheelbarrows, gloves and goggles and the city asked us to work near the resevoir.  We broke into 3 teams and started to work. The weather was perfect and it was fun to be apart of helping hands.






My husband used the chainsaw




and I was on wheelbarrow duty
There is still so much to be done and people are still trying to figure out what to do. We met several older folks with damaged homes and this is very stressful for them.

I am ready to cut more dotty bow tie blocks
I have cut for the hedgehog, thistle and firefly in the forest quilt I would be lost without the stickers.

And I am trying to gather stuff to make project bags. I want to try both of these patterns.
I'm linking to:
sew cute tuesday


No comments:

Post a Comment