Monday, April 1, 2024

5 quilts april 1, 2024

 Last report February 28, 2024

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another. My top priority this year are the quilts in the to be quilted closet.

 I finished 3 ufos in March. 

I wanted to finish 2 quilts In the 'to be quilted closet' before I did any other UFOs. I finished....

quilts to be quilted from the closet -top priority

1. strip tease is quilted

2. antique tile is finished 


3. falling charms is finished



I worked on these older Ufos to finish them

1. mini churndashes  -is a top and sent to the ' to be quilted closet'.


2. glitter - the rows are together and I need to decide about borders. The pattern does not include borders but it is not very big.



5. split 9 patch - This was my one monthly goal  for March and The top is finished


And my March  PHD report



Looking forward to April:

 quilts to be quilted from the closet -top priority - I have 24

1. dart jelly roll

2. gnome layer cake

ufo projects for April:

1. glitter - borders? if not back and binding and to the ' to be quilted closet'

2. split 9 patch -I need a back and binding and then add it to the 'to be quilted closet'

3. box kite -new in March I have all the blocks in foursies and have started the rows. I think this will be my one monthly goal for April to have a top

4. scrappy twirl new in March - I needed another piecing project for retreat and began planning and

 sewing blocks together. 

5. cathedral stars will be new if I need another piecing project.

If these finish early, I will add an older UFO I called dark strings. My notes say it needs a border.

next on the longarm

1. show off is finished


2. faux table runner is quilted

customer pause

3. scrappy log cabin

customer pause

4. lucky stars

5. scrappy mountain majesties

6. maple leaves

I am linking:

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You are on a roll with finishes. Every one of them is lovely. And I'm quite intrigued by the new block Scrappy Twirl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your progress -- and good luck with the rest of the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done so well with your 5 quilts strategy. Three quarters of the way to finishing your PHD and it's only March!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good and beautiful work! You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on your UFO list, Maggie! I really like that scrappy twirl block. Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three finishes. Wow! I'm impressed, for sure. Thanks for sharing your PHD progress for March.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great year so far! You've finished so many quilts and quilt tops. Yay you! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/04/03/wednesday-wait-loss-374

    ReplyDelete