Sunday, June 4, 2023

stash report June 4, 2023

I couldn't resist a mystery selvedge bundle from missourri star. I was not disappointed. It was so fun to see all the goodies. I think most of them are at least 1 1/2 inch  wide.


 stash report June 4, 2023

fabric added: 0 yards

fabric added year to date: 72 yards 

fabric used:  12 yards  scrap box chevron finish
fabric used year to date: 198 1/2 yards

126 1/ 2 yards used more than bought 

I sewed 5 days last week. 

I have a goal to add one strip of wool to my village rug everyday. Some days I add more. Sundays, I spend real time on it, and make a little more progress. I mentioned before that I am having trouble repeating the dye color for the background, so I am hooking a little everywhere on the background. I am moving around the rug and repeating the same spots to fill the background a little more.

I have another section of my village rug to work on to the edge. This is slow going with such a big border. I wish I had more progress each week to show, but, slow and steady....

I have been taking zzzzzzzzs on this - time to get back to it


I am linking to:

8 comments:

  1. Such colorful, pretty fabrics in that selvage bundle. I can see your progress on your rug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow and steady wins the race, your edging is progressing nicely

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a good week on the stitching and stash busting fronts. It always seems like a big project takes forever, but you've done a great job of chipping away at that rug background. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your selvedge bundle. I have some as well from my local quilt shop. What will you do with yours? I’m not sure how I’ll use mine.
    Your rug is coming along nicely! Yes, slow and steady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One thread or strip a week makes great slow progress over time! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bundle, you have pretty strips in it! Great progress on the rug, the border is coming along nicely!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute selvage pack! And slow and steady seems to be winning the race with your Village rug. I was just thinking how close to done you seem. Love that little red bird! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/06/07/wednesday-wait-loss-331

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any plans for the selvedge bundle?

    ReplyDelete