Saturday, June 10, 2023

blue 4 patches

 I don't need any more blue for my rainbow scrap challenge projects. So, I decided a little tidying was in order. I separated my dark and light blue chunks in the scrap drawer. I added some pieces to the 'cut or get rid' box. And, then, I found a little more room. hooray


I grabbed my blue 2 inch strips, and thought, I would sort through them for dark and light. I also, grabbed smaller pieces of strips for 4 patches and an older ufo called strip tease. I needed to find 2 matching strips in the light, and, 2 in the dark to cut for flying geese, also strip tease. After half of the bag, I was overwhelmed and put it away. There are too many. Even after taking the smaller bits, it weighed 3 pounds 10 ounces. If a pound has 3 yards, then there is nearly 12 yards of fabric in that bag, enough to make a large quilt. And if I have 9 colors of 2 inch strips........ oh my.



I sewed 4 patches forever from the small pieces, and had 75 blocks. That is disproportionally too many for the random colors quilt I plan to make. I will likely have extra.

75

I cut for flying geese - I needed 48- 2 x 3 1/2 inches

they look so innocent 

I am linking to:


5 comments:

  1. The things we start because we tidy up.....BTW, in my experience a pound is four yards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you sew up 75 blocks in a day, then I can imagine 75 per rainbow color. Since I can't resist doing mental math, that gives you 750 four patches that could be arranged in a 25 x 30 layout and assuming the blocks are 4" sq. you've got yourself a lovely 100" W x 120" H quilt. Not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of blue scraps. So lots of fun quilts in there, but I get that it can be overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ha e been busy, a great tidy up then stitching all those little blue blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blue scraps! Those four patches are so pretty. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/06/147/wednesday-wait-loss-332

    ReplyDelete