Friday, June 23, 2023

5 quilts june 23, 2023

 last report May 29 2023

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another. I decided that for 2023, rather than work a little on each one at a time, I would concentrate on just one. I still use the list to plan and look ahead. 

I have made more progress than I thought I had this last month on my 5 quilts. Progress seems small, as there are so many steps to each one, and I may only do part of one at a time, but, overall, I am seeing some finishing.

1. wensleydale a jen kingwell pattern - I have made 30 or so. I need 60. I try to make 2 every morning. It surprised me, when I counted, that I am over half way done with the blocks. They seem to take forever.

2. Block of the month UFO Saturday soire.  This an older UFO from 2013. I have been able to start assembly. It is my one monthly goal for June, so, I hope to see a finish. I worked and worked to get all the assembly pieces together and then, poof, it was almost together. 

3. plaid kaliedescope - I have cut many , many wedges, and need to sort them into block combos to see how many I have, and how many I still need to cut.

4. rectangle wrangle quilt.-I thought this would make a good portable project, But, I mostly sew a couple blocks every morning. I have all ( 42)  uphill blocks finished. Next are the downhill blocks. It will take a few to break my groove and start another groove.


5. wonky wishes is a new ufo project added in June. It was surprising how quickly I was able to quilt and finish.


MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. 

1.. scrapbox chevron is finished 

2. wonky wishes 2017 is finished 


customer pause

3. checkered past is finished

customer pause

4. taw baby quilt

5. ubi

remember:

hand me down

I am linking to:

8 comments:

  1. You have some lovely quilts in progress. The wonky wishes quilts are perfect to use up scraps, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making great strides in your sewing room. Applause!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Wonky Wishes! It's a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can't even pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabric choices for the Wensdayle block are so unexpected, but perfect. Looking forward to the finish on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, scrapbox Chevron, wonky wishes, and all the works in progress are just so happy and scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the quilts you have in progress! And the two new finishes are simply gorgeous. Congratulations on a great month! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/06/28/wednesday-wait-loss-334

    ReplyDelete