Friday, June 9, 2023

wonky wishes finish

When Bonnie Hunter was doing quiltcams, she introduced this quilt, as she was working on it. I really liked it, and, started making a few blocks along with her in 2012. It languished in the ufo closet for awhile and then I managed to complete the top in 2017. Then it languished in the "to be quilted" closet until It had a turn as one of my 5 quilts project. I had an empty longarm for a moment, and, now, I have a wonky wishes finish.

It was fun to revisit it, and, all the scrappy fabrics, I used to make the top. The blocks are made of 2 1/2 inch squares. The stars use cast off triangles. The sashings are strings and crumbs.


80 x 93 = 23 yards

I pieced the backing of leftover pieces, I couldn't use on the front. I quilted free motion swirls, which is my favorite choice for my own quilts.

I used scrappy red strips for the binding

This is my 13th UFO finish for the year

I am linking to:

14 comments:

  1. Lots of scrappy fun in that finish. Wow, 13 finishes so far! The year isn't even half over yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Maggie!!! An awesome scrap finish!!! It's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes a quilt just needs time to "ripen." Wonderful scrappiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 13 finishes this year- hats amazing. I love stars, so of course i love this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful -- worth picking it up and finishing it, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful finish! I'm working on that same start block only mines 12" can't imagine the time it took for 2&1/2" blocks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is more than 2 finishes per month. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is so pretty, all those twinkly stars. Kudos for another finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love scrap quilts. Yours is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a pretty quilt! I love the scrappiness of it. Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So super pretty - the scrappiness is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful quilt! Love that crumb sashing and those wonky stars. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/06/147/wednesday-wait-loss-332

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your wonky wishes is great!! Congratulations on another UFO completion! :-)

    ReplyDelete