Monday, June 12, 2023

may goal - clean fabric room

This is supposed to be a guest room. But, since, I don't have guests, I have stuffed everything, I don't know where to put, in there. I have an ironing board set up for ironing bigger pieces and quilts. To the right, is a thigh high pile of fabric and projects going back about 3 feet. I have 3 billy bookcases( ikea) of fabric that I can't open the doors. which means I can't put fabric away,  either, which has contributed to the pile.

from the door

When I trim a quilt on the ironing board, a pile grows of the batting and excess backing. I can tell there are at least 10 different quilt trimmings in that pile. There is a container there, somewhere. I dislike cutting off the batting and cutting the large pieces into something useable. Obviously, it is time to bribe myself into conquering this job.


quilt cut offs

I made this room my May cleaning project from the, enough is enough, category.


7 comments:

  1. Sounds as though your May goal is continuing into June! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tackle it like eating an elephant! One bite at a time! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan for your extra room! I dislike cutting those backing strips into useful pieces, too. I have many stuffed in a cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with cleaning your room this month, Maggie! It's a daunting task!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do this! As they say, one bite at a time. You have the best system I've seen for sewing scraps into quilts quickly. Maybe put some music on or stream a show you really love as you cut, cut, cut. Knowing you, this will soon be organized! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/06/147/wednesday-wait-loss-332

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same. If I don't clean up old projects, they just accumulate. Since I like to jump from quilt to quilt, it would seem my sewing room doesn't stay orderly for long, but I do try.

    ReplyDelete