Tuesday, September 26, 2017

featherweight tote

My Friend had designed a featherweight mate pattern for a carrier and table protector for the featherweight. She has a pattern on craftsy. I made one a bit ago, and it is getting worn out ( or I was just tired of it), so it was time to make another one. I wanted it to be a little brighter but still look good with the black of my featherweight.

It is so easy to put a sewing machine in and out of a case with it in the carrier. It has handles and when it is opened on the table, it protects the table and has a place for your favorite tools.

I don't use my official featherweight box, because I don't want to tear it up with traveling. I use a regular sewing tote, and I want my machine to be protected. There is also an extra flap in the design that fits between the table and the little screw on the side when the table is folded up for traveling.

I felt like cutting last night and cut several sets of glitter


and 3 inch churndashes




Sometimes I just want to mess in the scraps, and cutting these little pieces was therapeutic.

I am linking to:
Free Motion by the River
to do tuesday
too cute tuesday


2 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie,
    What a cute tote! It is just the perfect size and coloring for your featherweight. Those churndashes look really small to me. I can't wait to see what you're doing with them. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will hop over to check out this pattern. Never thought about damaging the actual case! Always about the machine ;-) Adorable churn dashes, know what you mean about playing in scraps being therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete