Tuesday, September 19, 2017

civil war Christmas

Last week I took the black inner border off the spirit of Christmas quilt. I had put it on during an open sew, and I was just not happy with how it looked. I spent a bit of an afternoon with the seam ripper.
At home, I could use a good iron and spray starch and squared it up a bit. Time to begin again.

This time the little black border was great. And I moved on to the next border. Each time I was taking a little more time and effort to get it square and happy. There 3 more borders to go but I am pleased with the progress. I don't have to be in a hurry, even if my friend has already finished hers...sigh...


I am linking to:
Free Motion by the River
to do tuesday
too cute tuesday

6 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie,
    It's not a race . . . so your friend has hers done. You need to be happy with your choices, so I you had to rip something out now you like it better. I just love the star in the center and those around the outside. You did a really nice job on them! Soon we will enjoy your finished project - I can't wait. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Christmas quilt, and look how flat and perfect that looks! I'm with Roseanne - who cares if you're not finished the same time as your friend. :) I *rarely* keep up with others and quilt-alongs, but it's still a terrific experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Christmas quilt, and look how flat and perfect that looks! I'm with Roseanne - who cares if you're not finished the same time as your friend. :) I *rarely* keep up with others and quilt-alongs, but it's still a terrific experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is lovely! I will soon be spending time with my seam ripper taking out a border as well. I'm glad you said you only spent part of an afternoon ripping out yours....encouraging! You did a great job - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is looking beautiful. In the end it's so worth it to go a bit slower so that you absolutely love it when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a gorgeous quilt. Sorry you had to do a bit of un-stitching, but you'll be so glad you did.

    ReplyDelete