Monday, September 4, 2017

Stash report Sept 3, 2017

I have hand sewed the handles on my hooked bag. The leather was hard to sew through for my hands, but I like the look.


I used the handles from this Goodwill bag since they were in great shape and much cheaper than new.



A friend gave to me a garbage bag of "scraps" that someone gave to her. I feel the need to rescue them, but I have no plans to actually measure and count yardage. so I am going to say 5 yards. I imagine that is conservative. Everyone has a different definition of scraps. In The small quilt group I belong to, one of my quilty friends saves 2 piles of scraps, one for me and one for the trash. I usually take them both, because she has a very different definition of scrap. What do you think?


I save strips that are at least an inch, squares at least 2 inches, but I will cut squares down from 1 1/2  inches if I need them. I will save trianglely pieces for string piecing. But these pieces are much bigger than that. I am so grateful for the little pieces. They just make me happy. until I can't fit any more into my house....sigh....

Stash report

Fabric Used this Week 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 303 1/2 yards


Fabric Added this Week: 5 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 271.5 yards


Net Fabric for 2017:  32 yards used more than added.



I am linking to:

Slow Sunday Stitching

1 comment: