Monday, September 11, 2017

treasure mart

A weekend trip to the treasure mart, and we found this wonderful old tv set. My first memory of a tv set from when I was a little girl is one like this. boy tvs have changed in 50 years.


There were some old quilt tops to explore. The lone star diamonds were hand stitched but the setting triangles were machine pieced. odd

fun border

 This one was so sweet and handpieced. I really wanted this one, but I surely don't need it and so I talked myself into leaving it there.


This was an interesting Minnesota sewing machine with stamped cast iron body. It was in a martha washington cabinet which took a little finesse to open it. Husband to the rescue.


 I have a finish to share. I long armed it and was very annoyed with the quilter who pieced it ( me) the borders were difficult. So that's it. Next year I am concentrating on squaring up the borders better, so my longarmer ( me) doesn't get fussy.


I love the stripe for a binding.

I am linking to:
Making Monday
main Crush Monday

6 comments:

  1. I love the comments about your quilter and long-armer. It's good when we can laugh at ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that stripe *is* really great as the binding. I can completely relate to the dual personality of a full-spectrum quilter! Hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your participation at the Show and Tell Monday !! Bambi hug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both antique tops are very pretty. Congrats on a fun finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL....tell your Long Armer (you) that it looks square from here. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete