Friday, September 8, 2017

en provence block

One block finished for En Provence
There are 76 pieces in this block! I am so glad that we piece this by type of block ahead of time. And all I have to do is put the blocks together now. For some reason, I can't find how big this quilt will be finished, and I am worried it won't be big enough for our bed. Which would mean I have to make more parts and pieces. What a fun design! And all just common traditional blocks.



I have finished the center of Aunt Mary's Irish chain quilt and will move on to borders


All the applique pieces are ready for the Spirit of Christmas quilt.

all the quilting is done on the moose quilt and I am ready for hand sewing the binding.



It has been a week of progress on several projects but nothing I can even check off a list. I feel so good at the end of the day, but want to cross things off my list but can't yet. sigh...

I am linking to:
Finished or Not Fridays   
Whoop Whoop



6 comments:

  1. If you go to Bonnie Hunter's blog Quiltville you will see en Provence as the newest mystery. I think my finished quilt is 90", but it's packed away. Size is shown on the instruction/beginning page, I think. Jill in Calgary

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good to be working on your En Provence blocks! I still have the triangle in a square units to make up. I was supposed to finish that step and put the blocks up on the design wall this summer, well maybe I'll get them up for the Fall?

    Love that Aunt Mary's Irish Chain, have to put that one on the To Do List!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have made a lot of progress, even if you can't cross anything off the list yet. I do love crossing things off, too, though :) Your fabrics for the En Provence block are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that the en Provence quilt uses traditional blocks. I kind of miss making them, not the bug has bitten! Aunt Mary's quilt is pretty, and I LOVE the appliqué blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been making a lot of progress on numerous projects this year. I think En Provence was queen sized if you made the same number of blocks that Bonnie did. I made mine more twin sized.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful En Provence block! They're not for the faint of heart.

    ReplyDelete