Wednesday, September 13, 2017

blocks en provence

I have been sewing En Provence blocks - a quiltville mystery from last year. There are many pieces in each block and 16 blocks. I am very happy with how well the blocks are piecing. I planned on trimming them, but very few needed any attention.


 The sashing strips are going to create a secondary star pattern - pretty exciting


 I try to make at least one glitter - Jen Kingwell block a day, because they are just fun. I don't want to focus on them just yet, so just a block or two keeps it going.



And in between en provence blocks and the glitter blocks, I have been using 9 patches for Carolina Crossroads as my leader and enders. It is amazing how many get finished just in between other piecing.

I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP


and
Free Motion by the River
to do tuesday
too cute tuesday

9 comments:

  1. wow!!
    you are a busy lady!
    thanks so much for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My - you have been busy with all of those pieces! Looks good so far - hope you link up more progress reports, as we'd love to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots happening here, I love all the variety! Your 'glitter' blocks are very pretty, good idea to aim for one-a-day! Thanks for sharing with 'sew stitch snap SHARE'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have plans of making a glitter quilt one day. Are you machine or hand sewing your blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your En Provence blocks look great. I'm hoping to get mine all finished up before the next mystery starts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your En Provence is going to be fantastic. So many pieces to join, but you're going to be sooo happy when it's finished. I've started 4 of Bonnie's mysteries, but this is the only one I've actually finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your projects. I've been a Jen Kingwell admirer for a while, but have never sewn any of her patterns. Your Glitter is wonderful, thanks for sharing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those en provence blocks! Your fabrics are fantastic. You're getting so many of those Jen Kingwell blocks done too. They look great!

    ReplyDelete