Monday, March 16, 2020

hazel's scraps

I'm afraid I have lost my ability to chat and sew. I pretty much have a determined to get through this face right now. Hubby is recovering, and needs a bit of attention, and, I am tired most of the time. It isn't easy "resting". I am grateful for the timing of his back surgery. It gives us something to do, while we are hearing the news. If his surgery had been any later, It wouldn't have happened. Elective surgeries have been cancelled.

I had a friend from guild give a scrap bag to me. It was full of strings and small pieces and a few larger chunks. She has some interesting fabrics. It has been a welcome distraction to sort through the pieces and pretend what I am going to do with them.


The pile in the upper right corner, are pieces for Bonnie Hunter's blossom time. Anything an odd size, I put in a pile for the spike and valley scrap quilt. The rest I have been sorting into strip sizes.


There were some pieces that were 1 1/4 inches wide and 5 inches long. I started sewing those into string strips. Anything less than 1 1/2 goes into a string bucket.


I am linking:

6 comments:

  1. So colorful! What a lovely present to bide your time. Hope Hubster is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking good - and I am glad it is giving you a little break. Hope hubby is healing up fat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have plenty to do and attend hubby as well. I hope you are resting when you get a chance

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a perfect thing to do when life is crazy. Hope hubby is feeling better every day. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite kind of gift! Have fun with it! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your hubby's recovery goes well.
    I think it is SO fun to play with someone else's scraps. :)

    ReplyDelete