Tuesday, March 31, 2020

a patriotic finish

This is a project I remember starting in the 90s, when a new quilt shop opened here in Kokomo, Indiana. It didn't last long, but, it was wonderful while it was open. I had taken a "real " quilting class, and loved stopping in the shop to pet the fabric. It has sat in the ufo stage for that many years.
I pulled this project out again here and here in 2019. I finished the top and it fell into the "to be quilted" pile.
It seemed like a quick finish for these trying times. I had it on the frame last week.


And, now, it is finished, just in time for my one monthly goal and PHD 2020. Hooray





I used a solid blue for the backing. And I used the machine to attach the binding. I quilted it with free motion swirls on my longarm.
It is about 70 x 86 and used 15 1/2 yards of fabric.

My last week's to do:
1. go home from the hospital - done
2. rainbow row by row in teal - done
3. border pieces for frolic mystery quilt - not quite done - they went missing

Next week's to do
1. start quilted twins mystery
2. start quiltville mystery - unity
3. sort and stash scraps from the living room
4. choose monthly goal for April
5. sew April rainbow scrap challenge.

Pretty ambitious for someone watching too much TV.

I am linking to:


7 comments:

  1. I bought this panel a long time ago and never did anything with it. Seeing your pictures has gotten me thinking about it again. Maybe I can get it ready by Fourth of July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great finish after all those years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie! How wonderful that this beauty is finally a finish to enjoy. It looks like it was a fun sampler-type quilt with all the different blocks. I think the swirls give it some movement without being noticeable. Great job finishing up your March OMG. Now on to next month - what to do?! Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finish! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great finish!!! I love the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful finish! Now, step away from the tube! Lol! Make time for more quilting. Way more satisfying!!! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finish! I love the sampler quality of the quilt top, there are a lot of cool little things to look at. Congrats on a quick and easy finish!

    ReplyDelete