Monday, April 1, 2019

april one monthly goal

I am glad for a new month to see what quilting goals I can accomplish. I appreciate the one monthly goal party for helping to set goals and keep a focus for the month.

In April, I want to finish the quiltville mystery quilt Allietare. The main part of the top is finished, I need to add borders and quilt it. I stopped when it was time to trim the top. That was a scary step. I feel braver now.


I am ready for the next batch of circa 1880 swap. I need 30 blocks. I have been finding bits and pieces of reproduction fabric as I clean and tidy, so I will use those pieces first.


And I want to assemble the top for my Smith mountain morning quilt. I took a class with Bonnie Hunter in fall of 2014. I had 2 friends with me, and I think I will challenge them to at least look at it this month.


And I want to keep current with my rainbow scrap challenge quilts.

I am linking to:


10 comments:

  1. Very lofty goals, indeed! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the star block that you show last - that center is unique. When I finish Good Fortune on my quilting frame that will be my first mystery quilt - I just might go for another this fall if she releases another around Thanksgiving like she usually does - it was more fun then I realized it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really come up with a lot of goals for a month! I try to pick things I really want to get done (and converse things I really don't want to work on...) so I keep working to get er done. Sometimes I play mind games with myself! Your Allitare and Smith Mountain are beautiful. I like both those sets of colors. Good luck with all your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allietare is such a pretty quilt. I started one too but haven’t finished the blocks yet. One of these days. You have a busy month ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely love the monthly goal-setting link-up. Your Allietare is gorgoues, well deserving of your April OMG! I also love your colors in the Smith Mountain Morning project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You pulled some fun projects to work on this month. Good luck wit your OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Allietare quilt progress! I didn't make this one, and I now wish I had. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Allietare quilt progress! I didn't make this one, and I now wish I had. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete