Wednesday, April 24, 2019

stars

Whenever I am tidying scraps ( almost all the time), If I find a floral that I can get a block or two for Florabunda,  I cut it into a 3 1/2 inch strip for the triangles and 2 inch strips for the 4 patches.


I used all my aqua 2 1/2 inch squares, and even cut a few, to have enough to make the scraptastic star. I am not sure all of the colors I have made will play well together in a finished quilt but I am enjoying this block.
Most of it can be leader/ ender for itself while chain sewing. If I think enough ahead, I can keep different parts going while I am sewing sections together.  Toward the end, I made 3 -4 patches as leader ender.



I had quilt guild last night. It is estimated that 80% of our members aren't quilters. hmmm why? And of the 20% of the quilters, I am a different duck as a scrap quilter, who likes lots of pieces, and bed size quilts.

I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers


Oh Scrap
rainbow scrap challenge

3 comments:

  1. Not quilters such as dont quilt their own quilts? Curious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quilters such as dont quilt their own quilts? Curious

    ReplyDelete