Friday, October 12, 2018

pink mrs holder's hexagon quilt

I am still hand stitching hexagons for Mrs. Holder's hexagon quilt. I have added a pink row- there are 6 on 4 corners. more here and here and here


We have been canning applesauce from our apple trees, but it was time to take a break and try an apple pie. Our apples are yummy in a pie, just a little tart. The trees were here when we bought the house, so we don't officially know what kind they are.


I have need of sorting through a mess to find what I need. I had initially planned on this bookcase to be the civil war fabrics, but other "stuff" has been shoved in with it.


The top shelf is neater and organized by color. I sure didn't think I had this much reproduction fabrics.
I rarely find civil war fabric on sale or at a thrift store, so I gather a little bit at a time.  But, that adds up eventually. I am making a double wedding ring quilt with it, but obviously, it is time to make something else. I think I have a nice assortment now.


I am linking to:

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how our stash grows? Your pie looks yummy! Tart apple pie is GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing work like yours makes me wish I had the patience for hexies, and I love seeing pics of your stash!

    Thanks for linking up to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete