Monday, October 8, 2018

still sewing orca bay quilt

I have reached the end of the first hundred hour glass blocks for orca bay mystery quilt.


I can see the bottom of the tray. After the mindless sewing part, it won't take long to make the blocks.


Jo of Jo's country junction is trying to finish all the quilts in quiltville's string fling book before the new book is published. I am trying to finish all the mystery quilts as part of that challenge before the new mystery in November. My challenge finishes here

I have 6 more to go and all but orca bay is to the top stage. I might still make it. I think I can, I think I can......

Most of last week was a scurry for our guild to get our quilt show going. We had lost the show coordinator to cancer 3 weeks ago. We will greatly miss her. She had chaired the show for 14 years. Many hands stepped up to finish her work.
It was also our semi - annual general conference for church and full of inspiring thoughts to ponder. It is always a way to put balance back into my priorities and what matters most. And of course, a great musical experience listening to the Mormon Tabernacle choir.





boms away 
Oh scrap

1 comment:

  1. It does take quite a bit of work to make all the first-stage patches for BH quilts, doesn't it? But then it's so fun to put the blocks together, and the tops are incredibly rewarding when they come together. Can't wait to see your Orca Bay start emerging!

    ReplyDelete