Tuesday, October 2, 2018

crazy blocks

I am playing around with a new to use template called scrap crazy 6. I don't have a pattern, and I am trying to see how the colors play, so that I can ultimately make a scrappy quilt. These are not my typical colors, but I was cleaning out a project box and decided that the project with these fabrics was never going to be completed, and rather than try to find a place to sort this, I would just use it up for this experiment. Right now I have all the blocks ready to sew together. I have decided to play with this template through October, and then put it away again. Maybe I will challenge myself to use another template then.
 How I started this quilt is here and here and here.


I have another Christmas snowflake paper pieced and ready to trim.


And a recent sighting at goodwill. It didn't come home with me, but it did make me smile.
Do you suppose it was a pinterest idea someone wanted to try?


I am linking to:
too cute tuesday

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I really like how your experiment has progressed. Looking forward to seeing the final outcome.

    ReplyDelete