Sunday, October 7, 2018

stash report October 7, 2018

This week I stopped at an estate sale, actually 3. The first sale, I was there early enough to find some fabric, and it was 1/2 price. Most of the mauve and blue fabric was from the 80s and 90s. I have a dresden plate from back then as an ufo. I may need some of this to finish it. There was 15 yards in that bundle. which surprised me, since it looked so little and innocent. 15 yards is a lot of fabric.

I was thrilled with the bright fabrics. It would make a fun baby quilt.


Part of the weekend was a quilt show in Lafayette. I didn't take many pictures but here are the ones I did. I think it was called pickle dish gone wild.


I love classic block quilts


and this was a beautiful patriotic quilt


Most of the color on this quilt came from the stitching -  very interesting



stash report

Fabric Used this Week 0 yards
Fabric Used or gone from house year to Date: 772 3/4 yards  * 400 donated

Fabric Added this Week: 19 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 207 3/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2018: 565 yards used more than purchased. 

I sewed at least 15 min every day this week - double wedding ring and orca bay

I found another tree that was hiding in the snow days quilt. I missed the top part, and I need to get the stitching finished for slow sunday stitching.



I am linking to:


sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate

15 min to stitch at life in pieces

11 comments:

  1. The quilt with all the stitching is stunning. Love the brights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt show . . . it amazes me when I see so much talent all brought together in one place. When you said Lafayette, I wondered if you were talking about Indiana. I'm and ole Indiana girl that has been living in the Northwest for 45 years, but there is a part of my heart that will always be there.
    It sounds like you are a fabric angel, donating so much, WOW! I am sure that they were very grateful.
    Well, I am your newest follower and I do hope that you come visit and maybe even follow be back. I love making new friends with common interests. I don't have a lot of time for stitching except in the cold weather months when the garden is finally put to bed for the winter. That time of year is right around the corner and I'm ready for it, LOL.
    Happy to meet you and happy quilting.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabrics were a great buy. Thanks for the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You find such great buys at these types of sales. I think I like the owls the most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy fabric finds! Thanks for sharing those rather gorgeous quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice fabric haul! I need to get my Snow Days finished, still need to make the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful quilts; what a great show. Your embroidery piece is gorgeous; I think I have that pattern tucked away somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recognize some of those 80s and 90s fabrics. I loved the blue and mauve colorway that was prominent during that time. Ugh, now I feel old. I love those bright fabrics. Those quilts are very pretty....especially Jacobean Journey. Enjoy stitching your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you enjoyed your tree stitching!
    Love the bright fabrics you bought... great purchase!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great fabrics you found at the estate sale. Those will come in handy for multiple things. Thanks for sharing the photos of the quilt show. It looks like we got the cream of the crop! The tree looks lovely, and I like the way it goes across the sash.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got some fun fabrics at the estate sale. Congrats on keeping up the pace on the stitching. Hope this week has been as productive.

    ReplyDelete