Tuesday, October 30, 2018

template fun

Using the scrap crazy 6 templates has been fun. I haven't finished anything, but I have learned a bit about color choices. I am not of fan of the oriental look.


I have really enjoyed sewing these together. I am sure there is a smart way to cut the scrappy triangle but I am just using squares that I have constructed from scraps and then making sure it is big enough to cut a 6 1/2 inch square.


I can get both these variations using one square.


I am going to sew the quarters together like this for the inside of the quilt and then work around the edge to finish it.


 How I started this quilt is here and here and here. and here and here and here and here
I have one more variation using the scrap crazy 6 template that I want to try before I put these templates away.

I am linking to:

too cute tuesday

4 comments:

  1. My favorite quits are those from scraps . . . this is going to be bright, cheerful, interesting and beautiful :)
    Happy Quilting!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie! I haven't seen the scrap crazy 6 template in play before that I recall. It sure looks fun, and a great use of scraps!! I just love the secondary pattern that is formed with the black/white side into a pinwheel. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those strips look so great! I love the block with the black triangle looking like a pinwheel. These are such fun templates!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the combination of scrap, black and white. Those are neat blocks!

    ReplyDelete