Monday, October 22, 2018

black orca

I am still piecing orca bay mystery quilt from quiltville.
All the ohio star blocks with white corners are done, and I am piecing the black ones. Phooey, the black shows imperfections more than the white. sigh...


Jo of Jo's country junction is trying to finish all the quilts in quiltville's string fling book before the new book is published. I am trying to finish all the mystery quilts as part of that challenge before the new mystery in November. My challenge finishes here

Of the ones I have not finished - 2 are ready for quilting, 2 are ready for borders and 1 has all the pieces but needs assembly. Orca Bay was started from scratch and is in process.

I have not really been in the sewing room much with my Grandchildren visiting for fall break. I am anxious to get back to my projects, if I can still remember what I was doing.
Our Grandson helped to organize the canning shelf which was a huge mess after the canning season. And he mowed for us. He is taller than I am now and a real help.







boms away 
Oh scrap

6 comments:

  1. I just checked your mystery quilt finishes, they are beautiful. You have completed a lot so far this year. Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the completing the mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spending time with your grands must be so sweet; your grandson is a handsome guy! I hope you find some sewing time to work on your projects, and meet your goal for the year. Thanks for linking to MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you and the grands had a fun fall break. We got to see our college girl for a few days and that was nice. You've been moving along on all the BH's mystery projects. You've got about a month to get in those finishes before the next mystery starts. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helpful & handsome -- what a wonderful gift from your grandson! Your Ohio star block looks beautiful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of this block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a terrific grandson. :) And, eh - I completely understand being itchy to get back to solid time on projects, but. . . grandkids!!

    ReplyDelete